To the Members of AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah: Please be advised that the regular annual meeting of the Members of AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah ("the Association") will be held at 8 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, March 4, 2021, at the Renaissance Walnut Creek Hotel, Rooms A and B, 2805 Jones Road, Walnut Creek, California. Please bring your Membership card for identification and admittance.
If you plan to attend the annual meeting, please observe the following health and safety precautions:
- Do not attend the meeting if you are experiencing any health symptoms, including feer, cough, congestion, or shortness of breath.
- Please wear a facial covering at all times.
- Please keep six feet of physical distance from all other attendees. Seating at the annual meeting will be arranged appropriately.
- We may be required to limit attendance at the meeting to comply with state and local laws and guidelines.
It's important that your vote is counted at the annual meeting, whether or not you plan to attend in person. Please indicate on the proxy form on page 35 your proxy, then sign, date, and return the form to the address listed below. If you do attend the annual meeting and wish to vote in person, your proxy can be withdrawn at that time.
Election of Directors
The following candidates for election to the Board of Directors have been nominated by the Nominating Committee, per the Bylaws of the Association:
- Peter Calihan, Arizona
- Paula Collins, California
- Robert Elliott, Arizona
- Maria Hernandez, California
- Don Smith, Arizona
- Leo Soong, California
Because the number of nominees and number of open director seats are the same, no election of directors will be held, and the candidates listed above will be considered elected, per Section 9 of the Bylaws.
The proxy form appoints the person(s) named on the form as your proxyholder(s) to vote and act for you on any other matter to be voted on at the 2021 annual meeting—or at any other meeting of the Members of the Association—during the term of the proxy. The term of the proxy will be three years, unless you indicate your wish to grant the proxy for a shorter term. Consequently, the proxyholder(s) will have broad discretion to represent you and will vote on your behalf on a broad variety of matters, which may include election of directors of the Association, and/or proposals presented for the approval of Members. As of today, the Association is not aware of any specific proposals to be presented to Members at the 2021 annual meeting or at subsequent Member meetings.
Before filling out the proxy form, please note:
- Every Member is entitled to vote, either in person or by proxy.
- You may attend and vote at any regular annual meeting or at any special meeting of the Membership, whether or not you have signed a proxy.
- If you now have a proxy in effect, you may substitute a proxy of a more recent date.
- You may revoke your proxy at any time by written notice.
- Your proxyholder must attend the annual meeting of Members in person in order to vote.
- Download and print the proxy form.
- Print your name, your address, and your Membership number in the spaces provided on the proxy form.
- If you wish for anyone other than Tim Condon (Chief Executive Officer) and Clay Creasey (Chief Financial Officer) to act as your proxy(ies), print their name(s) in the space provided.
- Sign and date the proxy form on the lines provided. If the proxy is undated, your signature authorizes the Association to insert the date of receipt.
- Your proxy can only be exercised at the regular annual meeting if it has been signed and filed with the Secretary before the polls open for the first contested issue, if any, at the meeting.
Mail your completed proxy form to:
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah
P.O. Box 24502
Oakland, CA 94623
You may also fill out the form online at proxyonline.com/AAA
. Forms must be received by March 1, 2021.
Kamili Moreland, Secretary